All ages PLAYshop that you can do from home.
This Fairy PLAYshop will be offered on on ongoing basis. It includes a package of papers mailed to you, access to templates and fairy- making instructions and one Zoom fairy consultation with Poached Egg Woman.
We all need a little magic in 2022.
Who doesn’t love fairies? Come and create a winter fairy, a snow fairy or an ice fairy. Maybe you are in denial about winter and would prefer to fashion a colourful fairy based on a favourite flower or tree? Rebel fairies, fairies with attitude, reading fairies, fairies who are attuned to a particular bird or beast or insect …the only limit is your wild and wonderful imagination!
Using a variety of wonderful papers, we will create at least one fairy for each participant. Your fairy can hang from a window, or be incorporated in a wall hanging, on a box or art card or wherever you wish. Maybe your fairy will choose to take flight!
At Home Supplies: You will need
- a piece of wax paper (so your fairy doesn’t stick to your working surface)
- a glue stick
- wet craft glue (if you are using foils or heavier material like feathers, gems, seashells and ribbons)
- thicker paper for the body of your fairy especially if she is going to fly in a window – I use card stock or watercolour paper (sometimes used watercolour paper – a great way to recycle)
- a thread and needle if your fairy is going to hang.
- some background paper if your fairy will be a part of a wall hanging
- any bits of beautiful paper, gems, feathers, ribbons, doilies, candy wrappers and other adornments that your fairy might appreciate
Supplies Provided by Mail (or Special Fairy Delivery): You will receive some templates (if requested) and a variety of scrap papers in colours that you choose.
Instructions: Once your register and pay, you will have access to step by step on line instructions and a pdf to print templates. If you like, we can also arrange for a 30 minute fairy consultation by Zoom.
To register: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with two or three of your favourite colours (for your fairy package) and your mailing address. The cost is $25. Pay by e transfer to email@example.com or by cheque to Sue Bland, Box 128, Abernethy, SK. S0A 0A0.
The templates will allow you to cut out a fairy body. If you would like a fairy body as part of your package, please add $5. Each additonal fairy body costs $2.50.